Keep the best shipping carriers by your side will simplify and improve your shipping! Read and discover how to manage shipping online!
Shipping carriers are an important part in the process of ordering-shipping-and delivering. Shipping carriers provide the service of moving the package from one point to another.
There are a lot of online stores out there and each of these stores is using different shipping carriers. The general point of view is that going directly and cooperating with the shipping carriers will result in lower price and better service and that is the end goal of every business.
Shippers have also discovered that working directly with shipping lines may not be the best solution as sometimes shipping carriers prefer to cooperate with big volume shippers. This kind of shippers can give them a core load for their huge operation.
Startups, small and medium-sized businesses, in some situations may not get what they really want, especially when it comes to services and rates directly from the carriers.
The point is that keeping a stable relationship with the shipping carriers and establishing the best of them as business partners is important for all of your operations.
The relationship and connection between a shipper and a carrier may sometimes become a real challenge between the best interest of the shipper and the competing interests of the shipping line. A stable and a long-term relationship between the shipper and the carrier will, in the long run, become a dynamic for both sides and can be even seen as a competitive advantage for both parties. There is one problem. We live in a time of mergers, consolidation, and acquisitions and sometimes it is really challenging to choose and select a reliable and good carrier that can satisfy your needs. The truth is that no one likes a chance and today a reliable and a quality shipping carrier with impeccable service are more and more difficult to find and keep.
So, how to properly manage your shipping online? How to keep the best shipping carriers by your side?
First of all, it is really important to identify who you can consider being a reliable shipping carrier. Some of the most important features are:
- Don’t look at prices or fees alone – If the rates are constantly changing, the chances are that you are looking at a shipping carrier that is unstable and unprofessional.
- Consider the stability and the background of the shipping line – You need to discover how long the carrier has been around if their currently have their own infrastructure, offices, and assets.
- Determine their advantages and strengths – You need to check whether the advantages and strengths of the carrier complement your service and your business in general. You can’t provide a proper service to your clients if the carrier you have chosen does not have the strength and power of service.
- The employees are perfect ambassadors of the company – Knowing exactly how long the staff has been with the carrier and how good they interact with customers will help you decide whether or not the carrier is suitable for you. The employees are a fair indication of how the carriers will treat you as their client.
- Service is another indicator of which carrier you want to keep – It is essential since the service you get will be the representation of the service to your customers.
So, have you identified which shipping carriers are good for you and which are not? If you have already found a suitable shipping company, make sure to develop a friendly partnership, show your loyalty, behave ethically, and always be credible.
Stay in touch with us
If you need help, please don’t hesitate to ask us. Our customer service representatives will be happy to assist you in any way. Whether through email, phone or in person, we’re here to help you get the customer service you deserve.